NEW YOUTH OPPORTUNITY!
BNN has been approved as a work site by the City of Boston’s Division of Youth Engagement and Employment, through Success Link’s School-Year Youth Employment Program. We have 4 positions available for Media Production Assistants who will work with us to:
- Create an ongoing year-round series of new “Youth Voices” shows on BNN-TV channels and website.
- Create PSA’s, documentary profiles & in-studio productions to promote Boston youth programs and opportunities.
- Incorporate recent and new youth-created content from other Boston youth groups and individuals.
- Receive ongoing training from BNN staff and college interns.
- Make public appearances to present programming and talk about creative media.
Youth employees are eligible to work up to 10 hours per week; schedules may vary on weekdays between 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Please see the attached Job Description for details.
If you are interested in applying and able to commit to working from November 28, 2016 - April 28, 2017, please take the following steps. It’s important that you act quickly to meet these deadlines!
- October 28 – November 11: Register online with the School-Year Youth Employment Program here: http://youth.boston.gov/successlink. Please fill out the SuccessLink application and upload to iCIMS.
- After you have begun the SuccessLink registration process, fill out our application (attached) and submit it to us.
- We will conduct interviews of potential employees between November 7 and November 10. We will only interview applicants who have registered with SuccessLink.
- The registration process ends on November 11.
- We will notify applicants of our selections during the week November 14.
- If you are accepted, you must complete important SuccessLink processes including DYEE Onboarding Week, paperwork processing and Orientation for youth employees.
InFocus Youth Media: We offer a four-week summer intensive multimedia training program for either field or studio production. This year we trained young people from a nonprofit organization serving homeless families in the BNN Timothy Smith Network Media Lab to tell their stories with a short documentary and PSA about homelessness.
My Voice Summer Youth Media Camp: We joined forces with Boston Public Schools/Adobe Youth Voices to provide training in multimedia and studio production. The resulting programs include short documentaries by the participants along with studio discussions about the important issues raised, including violence, discrimination and challenges for students with learning disabilities.
BNN AFTER-SCHOOL JOBS
BNN TV Youth Voices After-School Media Jobs: We offer a limited number of after-school jobs for Boston high school students as Media Production Assistants. Teens are creating an ongoing year-round series of new Youth Voices shows for BNN's cable channels and website. They produce PSAs, documentary profiles and in-studio productions, and incorporate other youth-created content from around the city.
BNN provides internship opportunities in all of our departments. Click here for more information
BNN PROGRAMMING BY YOUTH and FOR YOUTH
Watch BNN programs produced BY youth and FOR youth on our cable channels, and streamed live and archived on our website.
See more Youth Programming at BNN and Participate!
If you are a youth-serving organization and would like to talk with us about training, production partnerships, or sharing your video on our cable channels and website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.